Everything they said about each other

Everything they said about each other

Elon Musk and Bill Gates don’t seem to agree based on recent comments they’ve made about each other, but that’s no surprise.

In recent days, Musk, who is considered the richest person in the world as CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, criticized Gates because of the short positions the Microsoft co-founder holds against Tesla.

In the world of finance, holding a short position means that you are betting that the price of a certain asset, such as shares of a company, will fall. The musk has valued that Gates’ short positions in Tesla are worth billions of dollars.

Elon Musk and Bill Gates
Elon Musk and Bill Gates have argued over the years over philanthropy and climate change. Above, Musk (L) is seen at a satellite conference in Washington, DC in March 2020, and Gates (R) is seen at a malaria summit in London, England, in April 2018.
Getty/Jack Taylor/Win McNamee

In April, screenshots of an alleged text conversation between Musk and Gates appeared to show Gates inviting Musk to discuss “philanthropic opportunities” with him. Musk declined on the grounds that Gates continues to hold his short positions in Tesla, which Gates confirmed in that same conversation.

“Sorry, but I can’t take your climate change philanthropy seriously when you have a massive short stance against Tesla, the company doing the most to solve climate change,” Musk wrote, according to the footage.

Musk confirmed that the conversation was real in a tweet and suggested it was leaked to the press through “friends of friends”.

Gates was asked about the swap in a interview with journalist and YouTuber Hugo Travers on the HugoDécrypte channel.

“Well, Tesla is not short on capital and Tesla has done a fantastic job; their cars are great,” Gates said, but added, “I give a lot more money to climate change than Elon or anyone else. who else.

“Cars account for around 16% of emissions, so we need to address that remaining 84% as well,” he said.[Musk has] did a good job, but someone shorting the action doesn’t slow him down or hurt him.”

Musk replied to an excerpt from the interview posted on Twitter with “sigh”.

Musk has previously criticized Gates on Twitter for his short stances against Tesla, writing in a Tweeter on May 28 that he has “trust issues” with Gates because he “has a multi-billion dollar short position against Tesla while claiming to contribute to global warming.”

Short positions aside, in 2021 Gates speaking in an episode of journalist Kara Swisher To balance podcast, praised Musk for making “one of the greatest contributions to climate change that anyone has ever made” with Tesla, but added that he “didn’t think rockets were the answer”, referring to the Musk’s SpaceX company.

He also said Tesla was doing a good job on the “easy stuff” like cars, but the world wasn’t doing enough on the “hard stuff” like steel, cement and meat.

In 2020, Musk called Gates a “moron” during another episode of To balance after Gates questioned Musk’s knowledge of the coronavirus pandemic. That same year, Musk charged doors to have “no idea” of the value of electric trucks after Gates questioned their usefulness due to their overly bulky batteries.

Gates wrote in an August 2020 blog post: “Even with big breakthroughs in battery technology, electric vehicles are unlikely to ever be a practical solution for things like 18-wheelers, freighters and passenger planes. . Electricity works when you need to cover short distances. , but we need a different solution for heavy-duty and long-haul vehicles.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.